1. The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”). Please note that Claims sent to this address will not be processed.
2. The Promotion will commence at 00:01 (GMT) on 21 May 2017 and shall close at 23:59 (GMT) on 5 September 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. To be eligible to participate in this Promotion you must be a UK or ROI resident aged 18+. 4. This Promotion is only available to consumers (i.e. not to any business or reseller). 5. Employees or agents of the Promoter, stockists, retailers and resellers are not eligible to enter.
6. Participants who purchase a new (i.e. not second hand or refurbished) qualifying Samsung product from the list of models set out in the table below (each a “Promotion Product” and together the “Promotion Products”) within the Promotion Period from a Participating Retailer in the UK or ROI will be eligible to trade in a TV (the “Trade Up TV”) to receive an Upgrade Reward (the “Upgrade Reward”). 7. Purchases from auction websites (e.g. eBay), marketplace sales through retail websites (e.g., E-Buyer, Amazon Marketplace or Play Trade) or through Costco, Electro Centre, or Brighthouse are specifically excluded from this Promotion. Participants must check with the retailer prior to purchase whether the retailer is a Participating Retailer. 8. The Trade Up TV must be complete and undamaged (reasonable wear and tear permitted) with a screen size of 32” or more (the “Trade Up Criteria”) and the relevant Upgrade Reward will vary dependent on the Promotion Product purchased, as set out in the table below. 9. The Promotion Product must not be sold as part of: (i) another promotion offered by the Promoter (for the avoidance of doubt, Promotion Products sold as part of another promotion with a Participating Retailer are not excluded from this promotion); or (ii) as part of a mobile phone contract.
10. For in-store purchases, Participants must take the Trade Up TV to a Participating Retailer at the same time as they purchase the Promotion Product. For online purchases, Participants must liaise with the Participating Retailer to arrange the return of the Trade Up TV.
11. To claim, Participants must go to www.samsung.com/uk/offers/tvupgrade and follow the prompts to the redemption page where they will be asked to complete the online claim form, submit a copy of their proof of purchase and provide details of their Trade Up TV including screen size, brand and age (the “Claim”). 12. Only invoices and receipts clearly indicating the Promotion Product has been purchased will be accepted as proof of purchase, delivery notes and order confirmations will not be accepted. The name and address shown on the proof of purchase must match the Participant's details included in the Claim. 13. Claims must be submitted between thirty (30) and sixty (60) days from the date of purchase of the Promotion Product (the “Claim Period”), meaning the final claim date for Promotion Products purchased on 5 Septemeber 2017 (the last day of the Promotion Period) is no later than 23:59 (GMT) on 13 October 2017. For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase on the invoice or receipt counts as day one (1) of the Claim Period. Claims received outside the Claim Period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted. 14. A maximum of one (1) Upgrade Reward can be claimed per Promotion Product purchased. 15. A Claim must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties. 16. Participants will receive a confirmation email within two (2) working days of submitting their Claim to confirm if their Claim has been successful and validated, and that the Upgrade Reward will be paid via bank transfer within thirty (30) days of Claim validation. 17. Participants will be notified by email within two (2) working days of submitting a Claim if their Trade Up TV has failed to meet the Trade Up Criteria and that they have been refused an Upgrade Reward. The decision of the Promoter is final and no discussions will be entered into. 18. If a Participant fails to provide a valid proof of purchase or has otherwise incorrectly submitted a Claim, the Participant will be notified via email and offered the opportunity to provide the required information within seven (7) days. If no response is received, one further email will be sent requesting the required information. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the second email the Claim will be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to Claim. 19. If an email notification of Claim validation has not been received within five (5) working days of a Claim being submitted or the Upgrade Reward has not been received within thirty (30) calendar days of the Claim validation email, it is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the Promoter’s customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 03452160057 (for UK) and 015369563 (for ROI). 20. Claims that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged Claims. 21. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions and shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age, and other relevant details of a Participant. 22. If a Participant returns the Promotion Product after submitting a Claim, the Claim will be invalid and the participant must immediately call 03452160057 (UK) and 015369563 for (ROI) to cancel the Claim. The Promoter reserves the right to check with Participating Retailers whether a Promotion Product has been returned and, by submitting a Claim, the participant provides consent to the Promoter to do so.
Privacy and Data Protection
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter's control. 26. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion. 27. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. 28. The Promoter cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused to the Trade Up TVs during transportation and recommends that Participants securely package their Trade Up TV prior to sending. 29. Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as included in this Promotion. 30. By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Upgrade Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter's negligence. 31. The Promotion is governed by English law.